Friday, June 4, 2010

home... almost!

1. Philadelphia was NUTS.

2. Phoenix: nachos and a margarita. helllloooooo America!!!

3. got an hour to spare before my flight. feeling flighty myself.

4. KARMIE! I'LL SEE YOU SOON MY LITTLE MEXICAN RAT!

5. did i say margarita? i meant two.

6. i made a friend. chad. oooooooh boy am i convinced never to bury my neighbor's kid's dead cat, do coke and fly to Arizona. peace be with you, my little nugget of destruction.

7. at luggage claim to go thru customs, mine was the first bag to come out of the... bag collection thing. this overwhelming feeling of 'fuck yeah!' came over me. good stuff.

8. this trip to Ireland was entirely, beautifully amazing. i have wanted to go for so long, and it actually happened. how lucky am i!? i want to thank me wee little mammy SO much for helping me make it happen, check for tickets, make sure i had everything i needed, etc, she went above and beyond to make my birthday and this trip absolutely perfect. also, maxamillion! for encouraging me to go even though i was nervous about traveling by myself, and supporting me through it and answering my calls even though both times i was far from sober but you listened to me talk and talk and talk anyways... love you both, best family i could ever ask for. <3

9. also want to thank roly and catherine and their family for making the last part of my trip so much fun and beautifully comfortable, and taking me to the movies, Dublin, out for drinks and of course, shopping! i am so grateful!

10. and even though they will never read this thank you a billion, million times to anja and reinoud (and snow, hara, koosje, annie, methre, to, mo, hannah, jon (i guess...) flappy and black betty) for letting me stay on their farm for two weeks, teaching me about the goats, making me milk 'em (even though i was super nervous to touch the... udder and... squeeze...) feeding me, translating dutch tv as much as possible, letting me build a fence! and do some painting! and planting! making me a bike to ride, too! and taking me on a day trip my last day to see the Irish coast, which i was so hoping i would be able to do on this trip!!! you two are so wonderful, and i hope we can keep in touch. and i hope when it's little annie's turn to be a mammy i get pictures of her kids! my little love...

11. life is... so... so good.

12. meet you in d' pub me friends!

13. this concludes my blog about Ireland. it was AWESOME (class, savage, a jolly good time, totally gnarfest 2010.)

No comments:

Post a Comment